Thursday, June 10, 2010

Why Not Just Knock?

It was 12:20 and my roommate and I were talking about our days. Where we went shopping, what we ate, who we saw, everything. All of the sudden we heard banging only to find out it was on our door. Why not just knock? I jumped out of bed thinking something was weird and saw two counselors standing outside my door asking if my roommate was in the room too. Of course she was. All of the sudden one of the counselors started sprinting down the hall and down the stairs. What the hell? Naturally, the other counselor told me everything was going to be okay, that I was safe, and to go to sleep. I would have bought it; i did buy it. For five minutes at least. That's when we got the second thrashing on our door asking the same questions all over again and resulting more or less then same way. I wasn't scared, I knew I was safe, I was annoyed. Just as I was closing my eyes the final, and loudest desperate banging took place on our door. I jumped out of bed really annoyed and wanting to sleep. The same questions were asked again and the same conclusion was said. It was 1:30 before my roommate and I could fall asleep. We were quite tired this morning to say the least.

Yesterday was filled with drama. I really don't want to go into it all. I am so grateful to have this opportunity and although yesterday was the most exhausting, overwhelming day ever, I wouldn't change it for the world. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment