Friday, June 11, 2010

Last Day Bittersweet Blues

Kinda an oxymoron.
I miss my mommy and sister and dog. I miss my bed and my shower. I miss my food.
I'll miss my new friends. I'll miss Grady and Cecil and Joe and all the counselors. I'll miss my roommate. I'll miss this beautiful town. I'll miss the freedom and trust. I'll miss you all.

Tomorrow will be filled with emotions: sadness, relief, exhaustion, happiness, nostalgia. Tonight we will get dressed up, eat good food, and dance the night away. We'll go back to the dorm pack up our stuff shower and sleep. Tomorrow morning we'll say our goodbyes and go our separate ways. Some of us will meet again, while others will talk through facebook for a couple of months before drifting apart. Sadly, it's a part of life.

Right now, lets focus on the day ahead and leave the bittersweet blues for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment