Monday, June 7, 2010

We're in the Ghetto?!

How do you summarize the first day is such a short post? It started... early; 6:30 to be exact. It's not that we had to get up that early, it's just that I couldn't sleep. I guess it was a combination of all the excitement that was building and the fact that I couldn't keep my body warm to save my life. Am I the only one who thinks the dorms are beyond freezing in the wee hours of the morning? Class blew my expectations out of the water. I thought we would be lectured at for hours on end, but we actually had conversations and shared thoughts and ideas which makes the time pass by a lot quicker. Dinner came and went. Let's just say I'll be eating cereal and ice cream every night this week. We were given less than stellar directions to get back to the dorm from dinner so we kinda got lost. We ended up on a random street somewhere near what a white girl would call the ghetto. With some good intuitions and luck we made it back safely. The rest of the night when in a blur. Bowling was fun, but hanging out and gossiping is even better.

Tomorrow I'm going to work on my article, how far is too far? Miley Cyrus is a prime example of how fast some celebrities grow up and how society judges them. Well, I am going to wrap this up. Have a great night. More to come tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

  1. haha I love the title, good thing we found our way back!

    ReplyDelete