Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Helping to Make a Decision

It's only the third day here at UGA, but this experience has already started to guide some of the choices I will make over the next two years. First, the negative. Lately I have been considering smaller Liberal Arts schools, but attending UGA was definitely an option. I'm loving my time spent here, but such a large school is not for me. The programs are top quality, but a smaller school is more my style. Now the positive. I came into this program pretty much certain that pursuing a career in journalism was my game plan, but there was room for change. Now I've decided that journalism is my passion and am even more anxious to begin college and make my way into the world of mass communications.

P.S. Funopolis was full of pandemonium :)

4 comments:

  1. i feel the same way. i'm loving being a rockstar but i need a smaller school, you might want to check out Elon University, thats one of my top choices, its a liberal arts, in North Carolina its 5000 students and the campus is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion. That's one I've never heard of. I'm going on a few campus visits after leaving here and many more next summer (I'm a rising junior.) Right now The College of Charleston in Charleston, SC is my top pick. It's located in the city where I want to live and work and has an amazing Communications program. Is Elon where you're going to go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope so, to me it seems like a perfect fit because its so small that i get that one on one interaction that i need, but at the same time its big enough that i wont run into the same person every ten minutes. I also know that furman university is pretty good it has 2000 students in South Carolina. I also liked the campus its extremely quiet and a nice place to studey

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard and looked into that one. It's really great to know someone else is looking for that individual interaction. A lot of people seem to be looking forward to large lecture halls, but I can't find that conducive to learning. To each his or her own though :)

    And best of luck picking a school!

    ReplyDelete